SALEM, Ore. – Your natural gas bills could go up starting next week. The Oregon The Utilities Board recently approved an increase in natural gas tariffs for A sight customers due to an annual âpurchased gas adjustmentâ. It comes into force on November 1.
The PUC says residential customers who use an average of 48 therms per month will see their bills increase by $ 5.19, or 8 points-4%. Commercial customers will see an increase of around 13%. The PUC says since 2007, A sight suffered 12 rate cuts and three rate increases as a result of this purchased gas adjustment.
To increase energy efficiency and save on energy bills, customers are encouraged to:
- Lower the thermostats to save up to 3 percent for each degree.
- Update low efficiency furnaces and water heaters with more efficient models.
- Fully insulate houses achieve savings of up to 30% on a heating bill.
- Clean or change the furnace filter once a month during the heating season.
- Perform an energy balance of the house online thanks to the energy confidence of Oregon.
- Learn more about bill payment assistance programs Avista The customer service team.